Baliwood 🌸

Hello from beautiful Bali!! After a long 37 hours of travel, I finally arrived last night at midnight! To give everyone some insight, my travel path started in Charlottetown where I flew just a little over two hours to Toronto. From there I flew to Seoul and that flight was a whopping 14 hours!! As a side note, there were many olympians heading to the paraolympics on my flight so that was sooo cool! I also managed to score an empty seat beside me which was AMAZING. I didn’t sleep nearly as much as I had hoped but thank goodness for the TVs on the back of the seats.

When I arrived in Seoul I was unsure of what my gate was so I checked in with a desk and she informed me that A) my flight was boarding in 20 minutes and B) I was in a completely different terminal and had to take not one, but TWO trains to get there and C) “ma’am you better run”. You know when you’re in the airport waiting for a flight and you see the people running like mad people, dashing in and around people and you sit there and think to yourself, the poor bastard… well.. that was me yesterday. Running with two large bags and having no idea where I was going. The signage was pretty good but most of it was in Korean so basically I was asking random people “WHERE IS TERMINAL 2” (yes I probably seemed crazy. I felt like it). Anyways, needless to say, I arrived at my gate, just as the lady told me the plane would be boarding, to find out that we were boarding.. IN AN HOUR. Yep. Anyways, it sure did get my adrenaline going and it sure as heck woke me up.

I boarded my plane in Seoul and the final destination was Bali! Yippee. This flight ended up being close to 8 hours in length. Prior to the flight I thought it was a shorter flight but I was wrong haha. Luckily, the flight was not full and I scored a window seat with an empty seat next to me so I actually got to lie down and sleep for about 4 hours of the flight! Which was wonderful. I also watched the movie Wonder which was really good I highly recommend it!

I stepped off the plane in Bali in wool socks and two sweaters. Let me just say that that type of clothing is not required in this climate (FYI it was 30 degrees at 1AM). I was a bit nervous about navigating through the airport but it was fairly straight forward and I was able to quickly pay for my visa and go through customs. I took a taxi to my hotel which was just about 5 minutes from the airport and boy was I happy to arrive safe and sound. I slept a total of 2 hrs last night which was not ideal, but the 12 hr time change is really throwing me off but hopefully I’ll sleep better tonight.

It was a quiet day for me today, still adjusting to things but I had pizza at the restaurant downstairs for lunch and then I threw my bathing suit on and chilled by the rooftop pool all afternoon. It’s nice to be in the warmer weather!! All of the people are very frindly here and so far it has been a very welcoming environment which has been nice! Tomorrow I am changing gears and heading to Ubud for two nights before my training begins! I hope to do a bit more exploring there.

Also, something I did not know is that the sun sets around 6:40PM here! So early!

Anyways, thank you to everyone who sent me well wishes and checked in over the past few days! It has been a great journey so far and it is just the beginning. I’m so thankful for technology’s ability to help me stay connected while I am so far from home!



3 Replies to “Baliwood 🌸”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s